Wednesday, April 23, 2014

MMM, veggies.

I love to eat.  That is evident by the fact that I have had issues with my weight all my life.  Deep down I always knew it had to do with my eating habits.  So now that I am contentiously making a decision to change things I have come to realize that the best way to still eat and enjoy my food it to eat more vegetables and fruits.  I try to have more salads at work and I try to incorporate more vegetables into the dishes I make at home. 

In fact, this recipe from my other blog is a prime example.  When I was looking to make dinner I wanted to find a recipe that was robust.  Unfortunately I did not find anything I liked, so I decided to make my own thing.  This was perfect because I was able to use a bunch of different vegetables that I had in the fridge.  I love adding so many vegetables to a dish so that it becomes more vegetable than anything else.  This also works great for stir fries.  You can really stretch your protein that way.  I mean how else would a pound of chicken serve two with a second helping and have enough leftover for my wife to take for lunch the next day?

Another great way to use veggies or fruits is as snacks.  When I get home now I will often times have a pickle or munch on some grape tomatoes. These are low calorie and low guilt.  If you want to dress them up, I suggest using lime or lemon juice and a bit of chile powder and salt.  I know it sounds a little unconventional, but it is quite tasty.  Another one of my favorite snacks is to make a slushy out of frozen fruit.  I just blend it up with some ice, a bit of sweetener, and some water.  If I want to get adventurous, I use a bit of orange juice. 

All in all, I have come to realize that fruits and vegetables are a great way for me to eat more without feeling like I am doing a bad thing.  In fact, I think I hear some tomatoes calling my name!

1 comment:

  1. Relish the taste of ripe tomato with restaurant style Red Gravy in which hand picked high quality tomatoes make the great taste to this gravy. With its smooth texture, It is packed using the latest technology to seal the freshness of its natural ingredients. You can let your imagination and creativity run wild with this gravy!

    ReplyDelete